Congratulations to the 2017 Spectrum SportsNet Championship Drive Scholar Athlete Winners!
Jacob Castro – Brianna Willis – Lauryn Jordan – Natalie Dickes – Adam Betancourt – Kamron Mehr
NOMINATE A STANDOUT HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR STUDENT-ATHLETE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A $2,500 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
For the 2017-2018 Winter high school sports season, one male and one female student-athlete in their senior year that has excelled in academics, athletics and in their community will be named Spectrum SportsNet Championship Drive Scholar Athletes presented by Shakey’s Pizza. A $2,500 scholarship will be provided directly to the accredited college or university in which the winners enroll following their high school graduation.
- a) Reside in Southern California, Hawaii, Nevada or anywhere that Spectrum SportsNet is available (“the Territory”);
- b) Be high school seniors (or equivalent, e.g. planning on attending a college or university in the Summer/Fall of 2018) in the Territory;
- c) Be on the official roster of a varsity athletics team in the Winter season;
- d) Have an excellent academic record;
- e) Be involved in extra-curricular activities (e.g. band, newspaper/yearbook, etc.) and/or be active in their local community either through their school or volunteering on their own time.
PLEASE NOTE: Nominations for spring sports will be posted once the season begins, so please check back if looking to nominate student-athletes on teams in the spring.
Please fill out the form below and in the box provide a letter of recommendation describing why the nominee should be named a Spectrum SportsNet Championship Drive Scholar Athlete (maximum 300 words).
You must be a legal U.S. resident who is 13 years of age or older to nominate a student-athlete for the award. Minors must have a parent/legal guardian’s permission to submit a nomination and you must complete the entire nomination form or nominee will not be considered. By submitting a nomination, you affirm that you have read, understand and agree to the OFFICIAL RULES.